Friday seminar on Working proposal on Effects of a multi-year experimental drought on xylem anatomy of coexisting evergreen, deciduous oaks and a conifer tree species of Bhutan.
Venue: RDC, Yusipang conference hall.
By the end of the 21st century, mean global temperature is predicted to increase by 2-7oC, and precipitation is likely to change around the world (Jansen et al. 2007). These changes in temperature and precipitation are key drivers of ecosystem processes (Wu et al. 2011). Carbon, energy, nutrient and water balance will be affected and thereby change plant communities, population dynamics (Martinez-Vilalta et al. 2012) and disturbance regimes (Beier et al. 2012). Information on past climate and environmental changes can improve our understanding of natural climate variability. However, Bhutan’s instrumental meteorological data is very short to study forest dynamics in relation to climate change. These can be achievable only through tree ring and wood anatomy study to generate ecological and climatically proxies.
Read More »
Friday seminar on 27th November 2015:
Venue: RDC Yusipang.
The first aspect of this investigation covers QTL analysis of triple rust resistance segregating among W195/BT-Schomburgk Selection (BTSS) recombinant inbred line (RIL) population. Three QTL each for stripe rust (QYr.sun-3BS; QYr.sun-4DL; QYr.sun-7AS), leaf rust (QLr.sun-2BS; QLr.sun-3BS; QLr.sun-4DL) and stem rust (QSr.sun-2BL; QSr.sun-4DL; QSr.sun-6AS) resistance were identified. QYr.sun-3BS, QYr.sun-4DL, QLr.sun-4DL and QSr.sun-4DL were contributed by W195, whereas other QTL were contributed by the alternate parent BTSS.
QTL analysis was followed by detailed characterization of the resistance loci. QYr.sun-3BS explained 34-59% phenotypic variation and was chosen for characterisation at different growth stages and temperature regimes. It expressed well at the 4th leaf stage at a higher than normal temperature (21В±2 ВєC) for stripe rust growth. This locus was formally named Yr58. The co-located QTL for stripe rust, leaf rust and stem rust resistance in chromosome 4DL was demonstrated to correspond to the pleiotropic adult plant resistance (APR) locus Yr46/Lr67/Sr55 through linked marker genotyping. Yr58 produced infection type 23C when present singly and in the presence of Yr46 it produced infection type; 1N.These results demonstrated the interaction of APR gene Yr46in improving expression of the middle stage resistance gene Yr58. QLr.sun-2BS and QSr.sun-6AS were confirmed to be Lr23 and Sr8a, respectively,through seedling tests using relevant pathotypes. QYr.sun-7AS, QLr.sun-3BS, QSr.sun-2BL appear to be unique APR loci and need to be characterised in detail. Read More »
The RNR-RDC, Yusipang under the Department of Forest and Park Services (DoFPS), MoAF, invites sealed quotations from an authorized ticketing agents for travel as per the terms and conditions specified below:
Terms and conditions:
1. Sealed quotation shall be submitted to the RNR-RDC,Yusipang Department of Forest and Park services on or before 26 November 2015 at or before 3.00 PM.
2. Sealed quotation should be addressed to the Program Director, RNR-RDC Yusipang, Department of Forest and Park Services, MoAF.
3. The quotation will be opened on the same day at 3.30 PM.
4. Quotations received after the submission date and time will not be entertained.
5. Bidders are requested to mention the name of airline and confirmed itineraries in the quotes.
6. Availability of seat at the time of travel should be established before submitting the quotes.
7. Unconditional hike in fare or change in airlines at the time of travel will not be accepted.
8. Quoted rates should be valid for at least a month.
9. Bidders should submit valid Ticketing License issued by the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
10. Quotations without sealed envelope will be disqualified.
11. The decision of the tender committee will be final and binding.
|Paro вЂ“ Bangkok- Zurich||12 December 2015||1 pax, Economy Class|
|Zurich-Bangkok- Paro||19 December 2015||1 pax, Economy Class|